Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kitchen Design Planners


This week I have been researching kitchen design alternatives. IKEA offers an online 3D kitchen planner that allows you to input measurements, receptacles, plumbing, and other layout features. You can choose types of cabinets and a full range of appliances with tips on space issues and accommodations your choices will require. You can save, print, and edit your project. Did you know that IKEA has a fan site? I need to explore this more since I am a firm believer in first hand recommendations. And, although I am leaning towards IKEA products, I am keeping an open mind . . . 

Lowe’s provides a comprehensive PDF kitchen planner that removes the intimidation factor by allowing you to complete preliminary information and consider your choices before you consult their free design service. Providing the planner saved me time and a trip to the store during this hectic spring. Lowe’s online websites offer comprehensive services, including a guide for Universal Kitchen Design  . . . a consideration to accommodate potential needs.

There are many kitchen design planners online and I am amassing the knowledge I need to make informed decisions with each site I visit. It seems as though I sometimes research a project to death, and, although I would like to make speedier choices and decisions(LOL), my cautious nature usually wins out  

5 comments:

  1. And I'm sure the research will pay off. You have a very good point of possibly looking at the universal kitchen design. I had not thought of this. I did buy a ranch style house with that in mind but did not even think of it when I redid my kitchen. It sounds like you are staying busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, in reference to your comment on my blog...
    Yes, some students even asked if they could leave it the orange color. We knew Lizella fires orange but this orange color at a lower temperature is much deeper, more rust than orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote this on March 23rd on my blog but decided you might not see it so I am copying it here. I don't know if we are supposed to do it this way or not....???

    Thanks for the site on empty bowls. A high school down the road from me did this years ago but I had forgotten about it. I was hoping to have a pottery sale at my school this spring but I don't think I have enough items yet. We'll probably wait until next year. With budget cuts, it will be nice to have money for clay and glazes. The glazes are expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does IKEA come to you or is it do it yourself? I know my daughter bought furniture from them and had to put it together herself. I believe they have good quality products. With all the mistakes we have going on in our quest to finish the kitchen, please do research until you are exhausted! We still have not received an answer and 5 months later still have no kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although LV does not have an IKEA store, showrooms are in neighboring states AZ, UT, and CA). Since it does require assembly, the boxes are basic and ship easily. The IKEA website does indicate services for delivery and assembly if requested. I am not sure about the fees, yet . . . but that is a consideration for time, convenience, and labor considerations

    ReplyDelete